There’s no need to clean every single slat or dismantle the whole window. All you need are a few simple tools and a few minutes to improve the view. Learn how to clean your blinds quickly and easily and add this simple method to your cleaning routine.
1. Cleaning blinds depends on how dusty or dirty they are. First, lift the curtains and gently wipe them with a microfibre cloth from top to bottom.
2. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt.
3. If dirt or stains accumulate, mix a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Put a clean sock in your hand and dip it into the cleaning solution. Press until the sock is wet.
4 Hold the sock in your hand and run your fingers vigorously over each indentation. Leave the blinds open until they are completely dry.
Dosage and recommendations for cleaning blinds
– Clean the blinds before sweeping or vacuuming the floor. Otherwise, clean the floor afterwards!
– Re-hang the curtains only when they are completely dry.
– Do not use water on the curtains without first washing them with a dry microfibre cloth. Do not use water on blinds and wooden shutters.
Other tips and tricks
Here are some other suggestions for cleaning window blinds.
1. clean blinds regularly
Clean your blinds once a month and the dust will never be too much. Well-maintained blinds will last for decades (although most blinds only come with a five-year warranty).
2. Don’t have a microfibre cloth? No problem.
Cloths are a great choice, but old (clean!) socks are good too. Put a sock in your hand, soak it in water and clean all the window coverings in your home.
3. You can also clean blinds and fabric curtains.
If you have blinds, you can clean them in the same way as described above. If you have textile blinds, such as Roman blinds or chamber blinds, you can also clean them at home, but the process is slightly different.