Window cleaning is the process of washing or cleaning glass windows and surfaces to remove dust, filth, and other pollutants. Window cleaning can also be referred to as façade cleaning. This procedure ought, to begin with, the application of a detergent to the glass using an applicator. Next, the detergent ought to be removed from the glass using a squeegee, and finally, the glass ought to be dried using the squeegee. Recently, water-fed poles have been brought to the market. These poles provide a highly efficient method of cleaning outdoor glass surfaces, particularly those that are located above ground level. In subsequent posts, we shall investigate the various approaches to cleaning. A window cleaner is a term given to the individual who does this kind of labor.
Responsibilities of a Window Cleaning Technician:
- Clean windows and other glass surfaces with a non-abrasive glass cleaning solution, water, and rubber squeegee blades to remove dirt and grime from the surface of the glass.
- It involves figuring out whether the window glass is reflective, clear, or tinted, and adjusting the cleaning methods accordingly.
- Dry the area around the edges of the glass using a scrim or a towel made of microfibers.
- Wiping down the window sills with a towel to remove any excess water and moisture.
- Make sure that all of the equipment used for cleaning windows and operating lifts is in good working order.
- utilize aerial lift platforms in addition to other types of lift equipment in order to get to the windows of high-rise structures.
- constantly ensuring that the window cleaning products needed for the corporate car are available and suitably stocked at all times.
- Perform the necessary cleanup tasks following the completion of each project to ensure that no traces of residue or debris are left behind.
Window washing is widely regarded as one of the most challenging occupations on the planet on account of the dangers that are inherent to the job and the nature of the environment in which it is performed. The quantity of work needed to be done would change from year to year and season to season. Considering that cleaning windows in the winter requires a different strategy from that used in other seasons, Only a select few people would have the courage to clean high-rise properties, particularly skyscrapers that are more than 50 stories tall. Cleaning windows is not nearly as challenging or perilous as it was in the past because of the availability of contemporary tools and equipment as well as increased safety requirements. Additionally, developed, and secure, the industry is responsible for the creation of thousands of part-time, full-time, and casual employment opportunities for people living all across the country.